Cooking should be fun – and not a drag! Sometimes, using multiple kitchen appliances and endless dishes can make the cooking feel tedious and even counter-productive in some respects. We mean, no one wants hours of clean-up time added to their meal prep process. So, if you’re searching for an easy dinner that will keep the kitchen clean and cool, turn to this recipe for Chicken Taco Salad. Using pre-cooked chicken and a variety of veggies, prep for this dish is short, sweet, and simple. Plus, the final product is downright delicious! To get started, check out the ingredients list and directions below.
For the salad
- 1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, except the tortilla chips and chicken, with the dressing. Then, top the salad with the chicken.
- Gently crush the tortilla chips slightly and use to top the salad. Finally, enjoy this recipe for five people!
Tens on West Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia