Mix up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Tens on West Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use! This simple recipe for Puppy Chow is a great one to start with.
Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, or Monkey Munch – the name is irrelevant because this four-ingredient recipe for the classic snack is easy to make within a few minutes' time. Take it on the road or enjoy it from the comfort of your apartment home, and you cannot go wrong with this irresistible dessert of sorts, loaded with the classic combo of chocolate and creamy peanut butter – then, topped with powder sugar! See, it’s the perfect sweet treat to keep for yourself or feed a crowd. Pool day munchies, anyone?
• 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 6-7 cups Rice Chex Cereal, or generic equivalent
• 1-2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt peanut butter and chocolate together, either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
2. Next, add 3 cups of cereal to a large bowl. Pour 1 cup of your chocolate & peanut butter mixture over the cereal.
3. Add 3 more cups of cereal to the bowl, then pour the rest of the chocolate & peanut butter mixture on top.
4. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated. If there are pools of chocolate/peanut butter at the bottom of your bowl, add more cereal ¼ cup at a time until cereal is completely covered.
5. Let the mixture cool slightly. Once your mixture is at or below room temperature, add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
6. Let cool for about 15 minutes, and add more powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time until your cereal is coated to your satisfaction.
7. Store in an airtight container at room temperature to store, if it lasts that long!