On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team Tens on West Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
If you’re running out of delicious options in the kitchen, it might be time to try your hand at a new recipe. We actually have one in mind that always holds up for everyone in your household, both young and old. In fact, these Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are tasty and inexpensive, using spices to achieve a delicious Southwestern flavor and making it absolutely delicious to eat.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Avocado and cilantro, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begins to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream on top of the 4 sweet potatoes. Enjoy!