Most of us crave something sweet after or in between meals. However, we also recognize how unhealthy many of our favorite desserts are. With most desserts packed with sugar, butter, and/or oil, it’s easy to see why doctors and nutritionists recommend limiting how many sweets we eat.
Yet, there is a way to enjoy something sweet without derailing your health and fitness goals. This healthy, no-bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies recipe is just the thing, if you’re looking for a health-conscious dessert made from many natural ingredients.
• ½ cup creamy peanut butter
• ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
• ¼ cup coconut oil (measured in solid-state)
• 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 cup quick-cooking oats
• ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter, honey, salt, and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously, until melted and well-combined.
3. Stir in vanilla and cocoa powder. Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
4. Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
5. Drop 1 tablespoon of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
6. Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.
7. Serve cold or frozen!
Master the art of cooking by joining Hanover West Peachtree Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.